Crowning kings is Canna Newswire’s CNvest, whose Terps and Tech cannabis science and technology startup and investment conference announced the sixteen finalists chosen to present on April 9 at the Hilton San Jose. The contest saw startups seeking funding from across North America, from Southern California to Eastern Canada. Cannabis industry editors, reporters, and influencers reviewed each entry, including PotNetwork Editor and Financial Writer Brandon A. Dorfman.
The CNvest: Terps and Tech 2018 conference will include an audience of accredited investors and media who will listen to each finalist give their pitch. CNvest advisory board members and marketing consultants will be on hand to help finalists refine their pitches and expand their brand awareness.
“As a journalist covering the cannabis industry, I’m always scouting for new, innovative businesses that are solving real problems, and entrepreneurs in this space who have a vision and are driven to succeed,” said author of the book Start Your Own Cannabis Business and mainstream media cannabis reporter, Javier Hasse, one of the eight CNvest: Terps and Tech judges. “Being a part of the CNvest judging team has been an eye-opening experience and I look forward to seeing all the finalists further develop and present their pitches.”
CNvest finalists earned top scores on a set of criteria that determined both a company’s market and investment potential. In addition to one company in stealth mode that will be revealed at the event, the CNvest: Terps and Tech finalists include (in alphabetical order):
- 10034622 Canada Inc.
- a Pot for Pot
- Armaplex Security
- Arc Innovations
- Brighterside Vertical Farms
- Harvest Direct Enterprises
- Indigo Therapeutic, Kb Pure Essential
- Medusa Labs
- New Leaf Precision Ag
- The Peak Beyond
- Quim Rock
In addition to Dorfman, the CNvest: Terps and Tech judges include:
- Graham Abbott, editor-in-chief, Ganjapreneur
- Debra Borchardt, CEO, and editor-in-chief, Green Market Report
- Alex Halperin, editor, WeedWeek ; “High Time” columnist, The Guardian
- Javier Hasse, author, Start Your Own Cannabis Business (Entrepreneur Media, April 2018); mainstream media cannabis reporter
- David Heldreth, cannabis industry reporter, Cannabiz Journal
- Kristen Yoder, industry veteran and advisor; CEO, Soil to the Oil
- Greg Zeman, associate editor, Cannabis Now Magazine
In addition to the startup pitches from finalists, the CNvest program includes four panels, each introducing cannabis industry sector to investors in the audience, and two featured speakers:
- Carter Laren is co-founder of Backplane Capital, a seed stage venture firm focused on the cannabis industry, and a co-founder of Gateway, widely recognized as the premier business accelerator for startups in the cannabis space.
- Sumit Mehta is founder and CEO of MAZAKALI. He serves as the finance and strategy consultant to The ArcView Group and sits on the Canopy Investment Committee. Having directed cannabis investments since 2014, Mehta acts as a mentor to ArcView and Canopy companies.
Accredited investors wishing to attend can purchase tickets at https://cannanewswire.co/cnvest/purchase-tickets/